Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Good News

Remind me that if I ever complain about the 25 mph headwind at the Las Vegas Marathon, that it could have been in 16 degree weather with a windchill of 9 degrees. Today, I ran my longest run since the marathon, 10.5 miles. However, it seemed that it did not matter which direction I was running, that I was always running into a headwind. It was 16 degrees so the windchill was about 9 degrees. During the run I thought about Las Vegas Marathon and running into that stuff headwind much of the way. I suspect it would have been much more interesting if it was 16 degrees instead of 52 degrees.

It did feel good to be on the road for an hour and half running for the joy of it with no watch and no time constraints. Its got me in the mood now to train again. On February 27, I will be running the E. Murray Todd Half Marathon, then possibly the Chambersburg Half Marathon in March and the Runner's World Half Marathon in April. I have a hotel for the Cleveland Marathon in May but have not committed with registration or air. I am already registered for my 5th consecutive Baltimore Marathon in October. I also realized today that I ran 3 marathons from October - January - not that I didn't realize it when I was doing it!

No comments: