Thursday, April 14, 2005

Somewhere in the Sun

Spring and sunshine has finally found its way to the Garden State. Over the last week, each run has had a backdrop of pure blue sky and bright sunshine even at 6:30 in the morning. The weekend runs went as planned with a hard 15 miler on Saturday and an easy 5 miler on Sunday. I like to test myself a bit a couple of weeks before a race which will be the Runner's World Half Marathon April 24. I am not sure I will go 1:42 but believe I can go under 1:45. No matter what the time, the joy will be just running it. It has great race organization by Lehigh Valley Running Club and Runner's World.

This week has brought the same weather although a bit cooler. Early morning runs have been in the 30's but still with the bright sunshine; shorts are still in order. While running over the hills and through the woods, I thought to myself, no matter where I am running, I am "somewhere in the sun". Sunshine in general just makes for a more pleasant day but when you get to see the sun rise on a nice brisk run, it is something special.

On your next run with the sun beating down on you, think of how lucky you are to be running "somewhere in the sun"!

No comments: