Thursday, May 26, 2005

Horse With No Name

On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all the life, There were plants and birds and rocks and things. Each part of the journey while running is about life. It is not just the life around you but the life within you. In many ways the life within is experienced by touching and seeing the life around you. As I was running a nice, easy 10 miler this week, I stopped to experience life. Millstone is known for its many horse farms. Whenever I see a horse standing by a fence, who seemingly does not understand why someone is running without being hit by a whip or spurred in the ribs, I stop to pet and chat. At about mile 3, there (s)he was, a horse with no name just waiting for an explanation. Friendly and nosey I petted her and chatted about running. It wasn't Mister Ed so he didn't talk back but he seemed to understand. No matter, it was a moment when I got to share my life with the life around me. It makes you glad you are alive but makes you equally happy that there is life outside of your own to share it with.

No comments: