Friday, March 25, 2005

The Good Stuff

I'm typically out the door running at 6:30 a.m. With the sun rising earlier and the temperatures starting to rise, the morning presents the essence of running or "the good stuff". There is a perfection to the morning. Everything is still except for the birds chirping waiting to be fed, the deer ending their evening of activity, the cocks crowing letting the farmers know it is time to sow the fields and the sun rising up over the hills. Yes, although I live in NJ running out the door of my house affords me of "the good stuff".

I have had a decent couple of weeks of running with a good medium run of 15 miles last Sunday, short tempo runs and a couple of hill workouts. Next up will be the Runner's World 1/2 marathon in late April. It will be a family affair running with my niece and nephew.

However, it is time for vacation and the beauty of St. John which provides "the good stuff" in a whole different way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a good trip! :)
-RG