Tuesday, January 18, 2005

11 Degrees

I know that this is warm compared to the -54 degrees in Embarrass, MN, but it is still going to be a cold 5 miler this morning!

OK, so I am back! The wind chill was posted at -1 degree! It is such a nice feeling when the wind turns to your back and the Sun is beating down on you from the front. Today was also one of those days where you can taste the salt from the roads from the tiny bit of snow we had over the weekend. As the wind kicks up, the salt powders your lips with just a spray similar to being at the Ocean. Maybe this is one way to get through the run - to feel as though you are basking in the Sun with an ocean breeze pushing aside the palms and hugging your body.

I never complain about the cold when running because I know that there are other runners crazier than I running in this weather everyday! Hello Fargo! Hello Bar Harbor! At least we get a reprieve here on the east with an occasional 50 or 60 degree day!

No comments: